Sunday, May 3, 2009

My Baby Girl

First of all, let me warn you, this is going to be yet another too long post all about my kids. Second of all, I have to take back what I said in my last post. I do not love spring as much as I thought. I wrote that on a beautiful warm spring day, but since then it has been way too cold, rainy and gloomy. Forget spring, I am all about summer baby!
We just celebrated Kylies 4th birthday. She has grown up so fast (I know moms all say that, but it is so true!) I am a little worried that she, being my only girl, is getting a bit spoiled. Especially after her birthday this year. I have decided I am going to be better next year and for Christmas, because this girl gets way too much. Here Kylie is as a beautiful baby girl the day we brought her home from the hospital.

I started putting her hair in piggies the day I could scrape enough hair together. This is Kylie at 8 months.
Kylies having fun in the backyard. This is the only type of pool she can handle, she is afraid of water. Something I plan on conquering with her this summer.
For her second birthday we took her to build a bear where she found her best friend for the next 12 months. She loved playing with her stuffed kitty cats. They went with her everywhere she went. Especially her little white one she got from Grandma Olsen.

Caden is always looking out for his little sis.

On her birthday we had a "family fun night" of Kylie's choice and she chose to go to Classic. We brought her cupcakes and when we got home she was surprised with her dream dollhouse.





The day after her birthday was her first birthday party with friends. Every night as I tuck my kids in, I tell them what to dream about and every night Kylie would add to my dream suggestion, "and it is my birthday and all my friends come to my princess party." I was so excited to finally give her the party she has been talking about for a year.
Yes I made the cake and I am quite proud of it. Especially for someone who is not the craftiest or best cook anywhere!

Look at all these adorable little princesses.

The party started with makeovers at Kylies beauty shop. The girls got their nails painted, sparkly makeup and jewelry. Then they had a fashion show.

After that they hunted for dragon eggs and then had pizza, cake and ice cream.

Happy birthday Kylie. We love you so much. I love your sweet personality and even your spunk and attitude (sometimes).
Caden and Trent went to the Jazz game against the Lakers when the Jazz won. Caden LOVED it. He came home and gave me the score along with a play by play of the last quarter. He rode in on trax and really had fun on his "Guys night out" with dad.

6 comments:

Tanille said...

Looks like Kylie had her dream party. How Fun!! I can't believe how big she is getting, she is so so adorable!!
How fun for Caden and Dad to have a guys night and go to the Jazz game. You guys are awesome parents!!!

Maughan"sters" said...

I want to come to Kylie's party! It looks like too much fun.
First of all, I'll believe you when I see you NOT buy so many presents for b-days and Christmas!
Second, Stop dressing my boys in girl clothes!!!
We should do another bow making day before school gets out. (spring/summer colors)

Evynn said...

That is an awesome birthday party! She going to remember that for a long, long time, you are such a good mom. Kylie is growing up to be such a sweet little lady.

Leslie said...

Darling! I'm so jealous that you got to throw her a little princess party!! :)

Leandra said...

How cute!!!!! I'm so sad we were out of town & Braylee missed Kylie's day! Happy Birthday Kylie!

Holly Mount said...

What a cool mom you are!