Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Four year old Fashionista

I remember when I was in highschool and my mom always wanted to pick out my clothes and thinking she has no taste. I never would have imagined that my beautiful little Kylie would start thinking that at only 4 yrs old. I will buy her the cutest things and she cant stand them. And she really freaks out when I make her wear them. She will go to her room and cry for 30 minutes straight til I give in and let her change into her red spaghetti strapped "I LOVE DADDY" tee with her hippy tiered, yellow sunflower skirt that is now too small (trust me, it looks horrible together). She loves clothes and wants to be the one to determine what to wear everyday, and the outfits she comes up with are, well, lets just say interesting. She is always very concerned on what other kids will think about what she is wearing, which makes me very concerned about why she would care about that, especially at four! Below are the days the Kylie complained about what I made her wear and why she didn't like the outfits.
Kylie hates the neck on this sweater. She is always putting her hands over the neck of the sweater and trying to hide it. This is the outfit she cried in for 30 minutes. She also dislikes these boots because there are no bows or diamonds on them. I, however, LOVE this one,

I bought this outfit thinking she would have to love it because it is everything girly, just like her. I was right. She also LOVES to wear her hair down straight. She always tells me, "No bows or flowers" But I love bows and flowers and she is my only little girl who is growing up so fast, so I still use them while I still can.

This pictue makes me laugh because she does not want Tyson stealing her spotlight, see his little arm poking out behind her? Kylie gets so mad when I make her wear this adorable polo sweater. She always tells me "I am going to take it off as soon as I get to class!" and she does.

These boots have diamonds and bows, so she loves them. She also loves her hair in a low side ponytail, but she hates when I put it in a low bun like in this pic. She was not happy about the hair or outfit this morning, but at least I scored with the boots.

This is the face I get when I do her hair in piggies or in two messy buns (which I love to do). She was not happy at all about her hair on this particular morning and I love her expression.....it says it all.

So let that battle between mother and daughter begin. Me, with my determination to play dress up with my little girl for as long as I possibly can and Kylie, with her determination to wear what she wants and what she considers to be "cute". Its on girl!
PS, I love you Kylie!

2 comments:

KDSteck said...

This is such a cute post and tells everythign that I can imagine a girl would be like. I love that you capture these moments on your camera.

Maughan"sters" said...

I have an idea...just let me borrow all the cute clothes and bows that Kylie doesn't want, and I'll MAKE Ashlyn wear them!