Sunday, December 7, 2008

Time for an update!


Well, it is about time I changed my blog from Thanksgiving to Christmas. I took a few pictures of the kids around the tree, and let me tell you, I am no photographer. They were driving me crazy!! That is why we are having our pictures taken by someone else this weekend (hopefully Cadens scratch across his cheek he got from Kylie will be better by then.) So I have a few weeks of updating to do.
We have had our fair share of sickness for the last few weeks. It started on the weekend of Nov 15th. I had gone to see Twilight with a few friends and to lunch afterwards. Kylie had been having fevers for a couple of days, I got a call from Trent at lunch telling me Kylie had just had a seizure (she has febrile seizures). I could hear her screaming for me in the background. I felt so bad I was not there. When I got home Trent had told me she had stopped breathing at the end of her seizure and was turning purple. She scared him half to death. It took an hour and a half for her to get back to herself. That was not a fun day. That night when Trent went out to get some food, he came home with a new doll for Kylie and some fuzzy coloring posters. He loves his little girl.

For Thanksgiving we went to Idaho to spend time with the Olsen clan. Our kids were so happy to go to Grandma and Papa's! We had not been there in way too long. We had so much fun just hanging out with everyone and had a great Thanksgiving. The day after Thanksgiving Trent's sister, Evynn, my father in law and I got up at 4:30 am to hit the stores. Yes we are crazy. The one problem was we got sick..again! Caden started throwing up the day we arrived and Trent started the night of Thanksgiving.
Speaking of Caden and Trent, have I ever mentioned how I am raising Trent..part 2? Trent is always so full of crap. He loves to joke and trick me and I never know when he is telling the truth or just joking. Well, Caden has learned well from his father. He came home from school on Friday and said, "Mom, I have a sad feeling in my tummy". I asked him what was wrong. He frowned and he said, "All the other mommies came to school today to hear us sing and you did not come." My stomach dropped, I had already forgotten grandparents day and I still feel guilty about that.... and now I have done it again!! I got down and gave him a big hug and started saying how sorry I was, that I had no idea there was a program today and I would make it up to him. I felt like such a horrible mom and all of a sudden he breaks into a smile and says "I am tricking you mom." That punk!!! He totally fooled me. Its hard enough being married to a trickster, but now I am raisiing one too....Help! Caden was so proud of himself and when I told Trent he could not stop laughing.

And then there is my angel boy. Tyce is so sweet and smiley all the time. He loves to play with toys now. If he drops a toy he will cry because he wants it. He loves baby cereal with applesauce, bananas, sweet potatoes, but hates peas. I love to see him eat peas, his facial expressions make me laugh. Everytime I turn on a Baby Einstein movie for him, a huge toothless smile spreads across his face. He still does not sleep through the night though. Just look at those big beautiful eyes, he is so cute!!

I will try not to take so long between my posts, maybe they won't all be books then.

10 comments:

Mindurs said...

You have such beautiful kids! Yes, I do want to meet your Tyson - I really should do it before he turns one.

I hope you guys have a Merry Christmas! Are you sticking around or are you going to Idaho again. If you are around maybe we can meet up over the break.

Lindsey Boskovich said...

So i thought that was so funny how Caden did that to you. I read it out loud so that Zach could read it and Zach was laughing. Your little boy is a smart kid. :) He is only in Kindergarten and he is already tricking you. wait until he is older and he will be way good at you tricking you. :) OH the funny things kids do. I still tell my friends how Trent convinced Kylie to want rocks for Christmas and they all laugh so hard.

Maughan"sters" said...

I love the pics! You make me want to get some cute clothes for my kids!! You really need to show me how to change my blog template! Mine has flowers on it!

Karen, Mackay, Easton & Kallie said...

So cute! How is the bumbo working out! Thanks for the sanity break today...it is always nice to have a friend to trash talk to...i'll have to call you tomorrow and tell you if our house exploded.

Beck said...

So Sweet! Love all the pictures.

Ok honestly how crazy is that Kylie had a seizure while you were out with friends to go see Twilight. The same thing happened to me. While I was at Twilight Isaac texted me and told me Asher broke his arm. I totally blogged about it. That is so crazy...

p.s. will you help me make a binki clip for Alli?

The Wards said...

Man, in that picture of Kylie in front of the tree she looks just like you.

Evynn said...

I'm so sorry Becky, we shouldv't warned you about Trent, but we wanted you as an in-law. Now you have two. J/K We love those guys

KresserKlan said...

My kiddos have been sick too. I hope they are finally over it. I havesympathy for you...I live with a house full of teasers!!

juels said...

The pics of your kids are darling--you did a great job- I really like ones like that---they are more real life!! CUTE KIDS!! Hope you guys ALL get better soon!!

Ben and Leslie Evans said...

You did a GREAT job of taking pictures!! The kids look adorable and I love the Christmas tree backdrop! I hope everybody is feeling 100% better now from any sickness. And I LOVE the Caden tricking you story. That is so funny! I will have to make sure Ben reads it because he will love it!