In January Kylie got Student of the month for the preschool at Ridgeline. When we were there for parent teacher conferences, I saw her picture at the front of the school. I put my arm around her and told her how great she is and what a good job she is doing in school. I tried to talk to her softly while Caden was looking at books, but of course he heard it and burst into tears. He was sad because he has never been student of the month. I explained to him how there are so many in his class so most of his classmates wont get a chance, but he was still so upset. I told him how I just spoke to his teacher and how well he is doing. He is way ahead in reading, is awesome at math, gets 100% on every spelling test, but nothinh cheered him up. So then I got an idea. I told him since he has done so well he will be our student of the month at home and we would hang his picture and everything.
We went home, made a little sign and hung up his picture. So what happens next.....Kylie bursts into tears of course. She is upset that Caden is student of the month at our house and gets a picture up and everything. So, I am trying to make everyone happy and I tell Kylie I am proud of her too and she is also my student of the month. I put her picture next to Cadens. I think you can guess what happens next. Caden sees it and gets mad, starts crying and says its not fair that she gets student of the month at school and at home. I told him to deal with it, they are both my students of the month. For the next few weeks, I would find Kylie's picture on the floor and had to keep putting it back up. I just cant win!
3 comments:
I can totally relate to that story! Impossible to please everyone while trying so hard to be a good mom! AAAHHHH! Keep up the good work though as your kids seem sweet, kind, and sooooo cute!
LOL!!!! Your an amazing mom Becky. But this one is a toughy. Just take it for the team. :) Your doing a great job! And the fact that you were trying to make Caden feel special at home is so sweet. Kids are just emotional...period. haha! Love ya girl!
that is so funny!!! i swear the things we probably put our parents through are coming back on us :)your kiddos are adorable
Post a Comment