Thursday, February 18, 2010

Christmas Memories

This Christmas was so perfect. I've gotta say, I love my sweet kids. So here are some of my favorite Christmas memories.
The first one was when I went to Caden and Kylies Christmas program at their school. When Cadens class got up to sing, Tyson was really being out of control. I could not just sit there and listen, but I wanted to let Caden know I was there. So I went to the side he was singing on, and got his attention. I was standing by the wall. Then Tyce got even more crazy so I went to the front corner of the auditorium to the side of the stage to let Tyce play on a table there. I was then behind Caden as they were performing. I got his attention again to let him know I was still watchng (I could tell he was looking for me). When he saw I was behind him, he then turned and performed the rest of the songs turned backwards to the huge crowd. He stood there, facing me, singing with the hugest smile on his face and doing all the cute actions just for me. It shows how important it is for parents to be there for these things. There were hundreds in the audience, but all Caden cared about was singing for his mom. I love that kid so much.
This is how he performed during his program. After he was done singing, I went and sat back down by my friend and she asked why Caden was facing the wrong way the whole time.
He may look innocent, but he was a tantrum throwing toddler the whole time.
Kylie's preschool class dressed up like rudoloh. She was so darling.

A Christmas tradition is Nana's Christmas party, with a special visit from the "real" Santa (Caden figured the one at the ward party was a fake, he knows the one who comes to Nana's party is the real thing). Here are some pics from that party.


Kylie LOVES her cousin Emma. They have just moved to another state, so she will miss her cousin.


Santa made balloons for each kid (thats a lot of balloons). Tyce got a bear.
Kylie got a flower.
Caden got a pirate hat.
This is Tysons frst time on Santas lap. Last year he was crying during the party and Trent had to take him out


One of my other favorite memories this year was Caden's Christmas wish. He came home from school one day really excited because he wrote Santa a letter asking him to bring a special something for me. I asked him what it was and after some begging he finally told he had asked Santa to bring me a cozy blanket. Sure enough, on Christmas morning Santa brought me a soft warm and cozy blanket. Caden was thrilled. He was almost more excited about my blanket than his own gifts. He kept coming over to me with the blanket and wrapping it around me. He would say "Aren't you so glad I got you this blanket", I would say "Santa got me the blanket" and he would remind me "Santa brought you the blanket because of me." I think he must have come up behind me and put the blanket around me at least 10 times that day. He kept asking me if I liked it. So sweet.

Caden got an electric scooter.

Kylie got a moving horse.

Tyson got a ball pit. These kids were spoiled this year.....again. Santa even left us a scavenger hunt around the house that ended in the toy room and there was an air hockey table there for the whole family.

How cute are these boys?

Tyson still was not quite sure what was going on and got sick of opening presents. I think next year he will better understand how exciting Christmas is.
Another one of my favorite memories this year has to do with Kylie's Christmas gift from me, but I will tell that story next post. This one is already enough of a book. I loved this Christmas thanks to the excitement and joy of my kids. I love seeing Christmas through there bright eyes.

2 comments:

Karen, Mackay, Easton & Kallie said...

look at your happy kiddos! what a great christmas!

Maughan"sters" said...

You are just now posting Christmas!! I cant wait to see Vegas pictures!(or are those x rated?!) Caden is such a good kid. Can you raise my boys so that they can be like him :)