Saturday, July 25, 2009

We finally made it to the Cabin

We LOVE to go to grandpa and grandma Olsen's cabin, but due to a crazy summer last year (Tyson being born, and Trents surgery) we had not been for two years. Kylie did not even remember it. So around the first of July, we headed to Idaho. The first of the trip we had an Olsen Family reunion with all of Trents aunts uncles and cousins.
This is a picture of all Trents family.

The day before I chopped my hair.

I asked Caden to smile for the camera and this is the face I got.....love it!

Trents brother Tyler, Tanille, and the newest Olsen addition, Aiden.

Rachel and Terran. Rachel is the most loving aunt ever and Terran was a huge help with the kids.

Trents sister Evynn with adorable little Avery, Grandma and Tyce.
At the reunion we played lots of fun games. Here Caden and Kylie are getting ready for the balloon toss. Kylie and her partner (Trents uncle) were probably the first out and Caden ended up soaked.

For the fourth we did fireworks in the front yard. Poor Kylie ended up with a burn on her hand from touching a sparkler at the end and Tyce snuggled me the whole time. I love that kid.

]
And then we finally made it to the cabin. We always have so much fun there. We go boating, ride ATV's, soak in hot springs, float the river (we did not do that this time though), and tons of game playing.




This is part of the river that has hot springs flowing into it so the water is really warm, someplaces really hot!


I am so proud of Caden, he kneeboarded for the first time! Pretty good for 6. The first time he tried, the boat hit a bit to hard and he face-planted. I was so impressed when he was willing to try again.

He did it! How cute is he?!!

Tyson just sat and splashed in the water. He is such a water baby.

Since Kylie is so afraid of being pulled by the boat on a tube, we decided we would take her on a canoe ride instead. She loved it. We had lost some water balloons down the river and canooed to find them. It was like an Easter egg hunt.





Tysons was not too fond of his first boat ride. I think he was hungry and tired.
Caden and Kylie absolutely love their cousins.

Now below is what I am so proud of myself for doing. It was so fun. It is higher than it looks when you get to the top of the bridge ready to jump. I took me about 5 minutes of just standing there, trying to talk myself into it before I jumped. I think I did it more because of peer pressure than anything. Thanks Trent, Evynn, Steve and Lenny for pressuring me to jump off a bridge! I guess if everyone jumped off a bridge I would too, I am such a follower!


Sorry there are so many pics, but this is after I cut out a ton. I took 100 over the course of the week. We had so much fun! Go Idaho!

7 comments:

Karen, Mackay, Easton & Kallie said...

i have never seen your hair that short! i didn't know you did it! i am excited to see it!

Maughan"sters" said...

You are daring...I can't believe you jumped off the bridge after we talked about how we aren't supposed to do stupid things now that we are moms!
That is awesome that Caden kneeboarded...I'll have to show that picture to Zack so he will want to try :)

Beck said...

You totally need to use the jump off a bridge quote in one of your lessons. :) even though it teaches them to be followers. haha!

As for Caden OMG he rocks. I tried getting up on a knee board for like 20 min a couple days ago I swear and couldnt get it. Hes amazing. What a fun vacation!

BTW you are so gorgeous. Love your hair both ways. You could pull off anything.

Lindsey Boskovich said...

I AM SO JEALOUS!!! I NEVER GET TO DO FUN THINGS LIKE THAT! I LIKE CAMPING, HIKING, BOATING, AND ALL OF THE ABOVE!!! WHY DOESN'T OUR FAMILY EVER DO FUN TRIPS LIKE THAT? ALL WE EVER DO IS FAMILY DINNERS AND SUCH! :( How about next summer you bring us! :) Zach and Trent look so much alike that we can say they are brothers and that way we can come hang with his family too. :) LOL

Leandra said...

Way to go Caden! That's awesome little knee boarder! That looks sooooo fun there!

Tanille said...

That was such a fun week. I miss you guys already, it's so great to get together. Hopefully Ty and I can get down there to visit you guys sometime in the near future!!

Leslie said...

I can't believe you jumped off that bridge!! :) I'm impressed -- I would never have done it! :) I LOVE LOVE LOVE your hair too! :)