In January Trent and I thought it was about time to begin giving Caden and Kylie an allowance. They have to keep the upstairs clean (their rooms and the toy room)and at the end of the week they each get a dollar (yes, they are getting ripped off). We also give them a bonus dollar if they can go a month without complaining about it. They have three strikes for the bonus dollar and then they lose. it. That has really worked, they go right up and clean when I ask them. When they get their allowance they put their tithing in a jar they decorated for FHE and the rest of the money in their piggy banks. Anyways, by June Caden had accumulated over $30 dollars and Kylie had $25 (they got some money from other things) and we took them shopping. It was so funny to see Caden. He was so aware of his money and not wanting to waste it. He would see something he wanted and ask the price. One thing was a transformer that was $20 and Caden said, "thats too much, then I won't have a lot left." Everything he wanted seemed to be too steep even though he had enough money for it. Finally I showed him a slinky and he loved it. After he played with it a minute he scrunched up his face nervously and asked how much it was. When I told him $2.50 you should have seen the excitement. He bought the slinky and a coloring book. Kylie on the other had wanted everything she saw and we had to explain she did not have $50 to spend on a fancy dress, shoes, barbie, color wonder tinkerbell book, etc. We really had to talk her down so she would at least have some money left. She bought 2 dolls and a slinky too. It was so cute to see how frugal Caden was, it must be genetic. All Olsen males are tightwads! When we got back Kylie ran off to play with her dolls and Caden sat and counted his $24 dollars he still had left. Now I know who to go to when I need a loan!


Tyson is doing exactly as I ask of him and staying a baby for as long as possible. He is still not walking and I just love the pitter patter of his hands hitting the floor as he crawls. He is also the cuddliest little kid. One thing he is doing that is not so baby like, but really cute is saying new words. He says Hi to everyone, asks for his ba ba, da da and ma ma. He says "u" when I say I love you, vrooms his cars around the floor and throwes his ba (ball). Poor kid has a fat lip today. He fell out of the cart at Kohls yesterday and was bleeding like crazy. I had him buckled in and everything. He couldn't even drink out of his bottle last night because it hurt so bad. We just got from the funnest family trip to my in laws cabin, more on that later!
5 comments:
We give our kids a little allowance too...as much as I feel like giving them. I'm probably cheaper than you!!
I owe my sanity to you. Can I tell you that I missed you while you were gone! I think I had at least 2 nervous breakdowns while you were gone because my kids were making me crazy...and no Caden to send them to!! Let's plan our family trips on the same weeks so I don't have to go through that again :) I'm up for Classic this week!
that was me...I don't know why it posted Brandon's name!
I LOVE WHEN YOU DO POSTS!!!! :) I love that you give them allowance now and that they have a tithing jar, that is so CUTE! I seriously can't wait to be a mom some day and get to experience all these fun things. :) Love you guys!
ha ha, that's too funny! I guess it's just in their blood.:) That's a good idea to set up tithing jars and a savings bank. I'll have to set one up for Avrie someday.
Post a Comment