I am so excited to get back into blogging again. It has been such a great resource for my yearly Family books I like to make and thanks to one of my beautiful friends, I now know how to order a book pulled directly from my blog instead of having to redo the whole thing. I have too much to catch up on, so I am going to just start from now.
On St Patricks Day, Kylie had a little friend over in the morning who told Kylie all about the leprechaun who came to her house, gave them a scavenger hunt, and turned their milk and breakfast green. Did I miss something here? Why did I not know about tricky Leprechauns invading houses on St Patty's day? When Caden got home from school he told me he was going to catch a leprechaun today. So I decided to get a little creative. When the kids were in the basement I went down to join them. Kylie had said how she wanted a green dinner. When we went back upstairs, sure enough, some tricky little leprechaun must have heard her and turned our dinner green!!!! So now Caden knew the leprechaun was here. He got excited talking about catching him. Sure enough, when Caden went upstairs to put away some toys he found a trail of green m&m's that led to a note saying "he he he, you'll never catch me!" Uh-oh, the leprechaun heard Caden's plan and was determined to stay hidden. He called his cousin Sophie and began looking in every room for that leprechaun. My visiting teachers were there to witness it with me and it was so cute. Sure enough, that tricky leprechaun was too quick. But when the kids went to bed that night, they found the toilet water was green. Hey, when a leprechaun needs to go, he needs to go. I just didn't know they peed green. Kylie thought that was disgusting. It was a fun day.
Kylie went to a birthday party a few days ago and refused to dress up in the princess costumes they were provided. She said she is too old for that. What?! Why is she growing up so fast. For her birthday all she wants is her room redecorated....what happened to pet shops and barbies? I was getting a little concerned that my little girl is growing up too fast until she came in with her baby girl. Her doll's name is Brooke and she has been going everywhere with Kylie the last few days. Kylie makes her breakfast, takes her shopping, has me babysit her, sleeps with her and I love it! It is so cute and it is such a little girl thing to do. So maybe she is not 5 going on 15 after all.
Tyson is the life of the family. He is such a ball of energy and mischief. He is still getting into everything. Yesterday he took a pen and colored all over (and I mean ALL over) our couch in the family room. All I can say he is lucky to be so cute and loveable to help me forgive him of things like this. He is talking more and more everyday, but I still think he is a bit behind for his age. We are working on it though. He LOVES to give me hugs and kisses. He knows he will not get his sippy cup til he makes payment to me of one kiss and a hug (yes, I do bribe for loves). He has even started playing with little friends that live close by. He is the definition of a terrible 2, throws temper tantrums like none of my kids have done before, but it just makes me laugh.



3 comments:
SOOOOO GLAD YOU ARE FINALLY BACK TO BLOGGING. I LOVE READING YOUR BLOGS!
Where did you get your family pictures taken? I want to come see your basement...
Good to see you back! :) The kids are precious!!
Post a Comment